Jun 6, 2009

This, that, and a little advice

This post has no rhyme or reason. It is a collection of random photos that have nothing to do with one another that I have been wanting to post for a while, so here they are . . . a little of this and a little of that:

I am finally posting a few California pictures from a month ago. 
While at Pepperdine, I got a chance to see "Uncle" John and Terri Rodriguez. They are old and dear friends of our family. (I was a flower girl in their wedding when I was four!)
We had so much fun getting to spend an afternoon with Katie Maxwell. We miss Katie so much, but loved getting to catch up for a day.
We enjoyed a walk on the beach. I love getting to work with these women at Highland! I have learned so much from them.
Ava and Pierson "babysitting"
For Chad's birthday, we went to spend time with friends and family in Fort Worth. While we were there, we went to a Rangers game.

This is a picture of the family. Look closely at Chad's facial expression. We were trying to take a family photo at the exact moment that John Lackey was getting thrown out of the game after the second pitch. We could hear the crowd going crazy, but we were all focused on getting the picture. Chad and Kallan were the only two clued in to what was happening behind us. Chad is squinting to see the replay on the TV behind the photographer and was pretty ticked that he missed the whole thing for a picture.

Our good friends, The VanStaverns, came to spend the night with us because Jade was a flower girl in her cousin's wedding here in Abilene. Ava loved playing with Jade! The girls were super cute dancing together at the reception.



Pierson got in on the action too. Can I get a what, what?

More spinning
I got a little teary at the wedding. Ava was on my lap and I realized how quickly time is going by already with these kids. Shannon (the bride) was a flower girl in Heather's wedding, and that seems like just a few years ago. Amazing!


Heather and I with our boys (minus Chance who was sword fighting at the time.)

And now on to the advice. It's for me not you, just in case the title of this post threw you. I bought this really cool armoire to solve a storage problem we have in our home. We love this house, but closets in older homes are always an issue. I currently use the closet in Ava's room and she has a small armoire, but is outgrowing it. So I found this HUGE one for a great price at an antique store here in town and had Chad go pick it up only to discover after we got it in the house that we can't get it down the hall! It is a great piece and I really want to keep it, but I don't know what to do short of taking the whole thing apart and reassembling it. Chad's not too keen on that idea. 

This is the sharp left turn we can't get the armoire to make in our hallway. I set a chair next to it in the picture above so you could get an idea of how big this thing is. Any ideas on how to make it work? Help! Lesson learned: measure furniture before you buy it. 
Anyone want to buy a really big, really cute armoire that's sitting in the middle of my dining room?

3 comments:

JENNY said...

I love that picture of Pierson dancing. haha! He's so cute. And, Ava looks adorable in her pink top and skirt. Wish I could buy the armoire from you, but we don't have any room in this small apartment....especially now that we are filling what little space we have with baby stuff.

Kate said...

Cute pictures of your trip and your kids! That's such a cute armoire...surely there's a way to make it work! How do you feel about keeping your clothes in the dining room?

Jordan said...

That armoir is way too pretty not to find something to do with it! Do you need storage in your dining room? Can Ava just change in the living room?

We did the same thing with a fridge when we moved to this house. It's a good lesson...I wish we hadn't all learned it the hard way!