Jun 18, 2009

Please pray for my niece Eydie Paige


Thank you for all of your prayers, calls, texts, messages and visits today. It has meant a lot to all of us to feel the arms of God wrap around Kate and Brandon (and all of us) through the love and support of many of you. I can't imagine how hard it must be for my little sister to have the day she had today. My heart is aching for her that she is not getting to hold Eydie right now.  I also cannot describe how hard it is to watch someone you love that much have such a hard, scary disappointing day especially when we were all expecting such a happy day! I posted on Kate's blog with the latest on how Eydie is doing. You can check there for updates or to leave a comment of encouragement or prayer.  I might be partial but she really the most beautiful little baby. I mean look at that hair! I can't wait to snuggle her myself soon, but I am longing to see her in Kate and Brandon's arms. 


We covet your prayers right now for Eydie Paige. Pray for strength and healing in her lungs, strong breaths and loud cries, wisdom for the doctors and nurses working on her, peace and comfort for Brandon, Kate and everyone who loves them. 

8 comments:

Shelly said...

I really can't imagine how much your heart is hurting tonight. Praying that Eydie (who IS beautiful---the hair is amazing!) will be so much stronger in the morning that it surprises the doctors! Praying for God's comfort and peace to envelop sweet Kate tonight as she is in her room and her baby is not with her. Praying for Brandon as he is hurting too and that God will strengthen him to be a solid rock for his sweet wife. And for you and the rest of the family, that God comforts your hearts as you watch and wait. I sure wish I was there to give you a big hug and just be with you!! Thanking God for answering our cries to breathe air into those little lungs. Expecting Him to do more than we even ask or imagine with His precious Eydie!! We have a good God!! Love you, sweet friend!!!!

JENNY said...

Thanks for keeping us updated through the blog, Summer. You are such a supportive sister to Kate. We have been praying for them...well for all of you and will continue. I can't wait to see a picture of Kate holding her sweet, beautiful baby Eydie.

heather.m.herron@gmail.com said...

Summer...I am so sorry!! I will definitely be praying for precious little Eydie, Kate & Brandon and all of you!

Brooks Inc. said...

Summer-
My thoughts turned to you and your family countless times during the night. We are in constant conversation with the Lord regarding Eydie. We are asking that yet again His glory would be revealed through her complete healing...Know that I am praying for you as a sister as well...imagining how heavy your heart must feel.

I sure love you Summer...May you feel the Lord walking you htrough your day.

BJB

Lauren said...

Please know that prayers and pleas are going up for Miss Eydie Paige to the Father this morning!! I know firsthand what it means to fight hard for life and to not allow the Evil One to have one iota of my strength or stamina. God has given Kate, Brandon, Eydie, and the rest of you the grace and strength you need to prevail under this trial and challenge. She WILL be victorious and oh my glory will she have a testimony!!! Love you so much!
Lauren Cunningham

beckyp said...

Summer, we are praying for sweet Edyie and all of your family. We are so thankful there is some improvement and we are confident of her complete recovery. Thanks for keeping us updated. We love you!

Chesley said...

Precious baby girl with all of that wonderful hair! I have been thinking about sweet Eydie a lot and it breaks my heart that Kate hasn't been able to hold her yet.
I am praying for your family and I look forward to the "we're home" post which I pray will happen quickly! :)

Amy said...

Summer, You guys have been on my heart constantly! Thank you for taking the time to update us, it is a privilege to be able to pray for all of you and see how the Lord is answering our prayers. You are an amazing sister to Kate and I'm so glad she has you. I know this is SO hard on everyone, I'm so sorry. So glad things are looking better today and know that we are praying day and night for complete healing. Love you so much!