May 22, 2007

Mexico and New Babies

Last weekend I got to spend the most amazing weekend in Mexico with two of my dearest friends, Julia and Heather! After the stress of a major passport mishap, we appreciated the trip even more. We stayed at a BEAUTIFUL all-inclusive resort near Playa del Carmen where food was brought to us, beds were made, and the only decision I had to make was whether I wanted to lay by the beach or the pool! We enjoyed a time of total rejuvination, and spent the entire weekend catching up, laughing, and encouraging one another. I could not ask for better friends. I am thankful for these girls and the ways that they challenge me to grow as a mom, a wife and a woman of God.

On top of all of this, Chad took two days off of work to have a daddy/daughter weekend with Ava so I wouldn't have to worry about finding a sitter. He also sent a couple of surprise gifts for me to open on the trip--an Ipod fully loaded with my favorite songs to enjoy on the beach, magazines, sun lotion, and a note that explained that while I was gone he did a "While you were out" makeover on our bathroom. He painted the shelves and vanity, got a new mirror and bath mat, and fixed the broken towel bar! The trip would have been enough, but he went way above and beyond the call. And did I mention he worked in the Nursery for me and took Ava to a 3 year old birthday party while I was away? My brother-in-law has started calling him H.O.Y.(Husband of the Year) for all of his efforts. I could not agree more! He is an amazing man-- I love him for all the ways he takes care of Ava and me. But most of all, I love him for being such a spiritual leader in our family. He constantly puts our needs ahead of his own. I am realizing that such a selfless love is rare, and I am grateful beyond measure that he chose me to be his wife.

One of the best things about the trip is that I left feeling exhausted and overwhelmed and came home refreshed-- feeling more in love with my husband and more appreciative of Ava! On Sunday morning, the girls and I got up early and spent some time before breakfast watching the ocean, listening to praise music, reading the psalms, and praying together. I came away remembering that Jesus, amid all of his healing and teaching, would find time to get away to quiet place to rest and pray. Even when I cannot escape to the beach, I can choose to make time to rest and rejuvinate, even in Abilene.


We do have several photos of us in the water or on the beach, but I'm not about to post a swimsuit picture of myself at 5 months prego, so here is a lovely picture of the pool. You can just imagine us in it.




Kara and Zach had their babies, William Cotton (called Will), and Levi Blake on May 16th! We are so thankful that they are here and doing well. Here are a couple of pictures of the boys! They seem so tiny, but are a fairly good size for being twins. Will was 6 lbs. even and Levi was 5 lbs. 7 oz. All I can say is that Kara was carrying around almost 12 lbs. of baby and I never heard her complain. That girl is a Rock Star Mama!


7 comments:

Shelly said...

You 3 are BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so happy Heather was able to get her passport and that you had such a wonderful, relaxing time! And WOW at Mr.Wonderful! I'm super impressed! Thanks for posting the pictures---I've been anxious to hear an update! The twins are precious! I love the picture w/ Ava holding one. Not too much longer!! You look GREAT! Miss you and love you--
Shelma

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you were able to go on that trip!!! I was thinking today that I needed to call Julia and see how it went. I'm glad everything worked out and you all got there! The place looks absolutely beautiful and so do the three of you!

Elizabeth Miller said...

I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time and loved all of your happies from your husband. All of the guys were asking Chad to stop making them look so bad : ) You look amazing and I am so glad you are rested! Love you!

Kara said...

i love that pic of ava with levi. it will be so fun to see her with her little brother!

Calista said...

What fun! I'm so glad you got a chance to get away. Vacations are the best! By the way, you look great!

JENNY said...

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you were able to get away for a few days before our new cousin arrives.

Monica said...

I know exactly where you girls went. Aric and I were there a year ago and it was wonderful. That is one of the most beautiful pools to lay at and swim in...... if you are early enough to get a chair. Glad you guys had fun.
We are wanting a Mexico trip so bad this summer, but waiting for an August baby to arrive I am not about to go lay on the beach this summer. Someone might shoot me mistaking me for a whale. : )