Oct 6, 2005

My girl


This is my Ava Grace, at one year old. What a gift! I adore her. . .


Here are some of Ava's latest interests:
She loves her dog, Dottie. Her favorite saying is, "Hi Dot Tee!" Every morning Ava stands by the back door, saying "Woof" until I take her outside to see the dog. Dottie showed up on Ava's one year birthday so we had to keep her.

She likes to sing The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round, Jesus Loves Me, If You're Happy and You Know It, and her old favorite, The Itsy Bitsy Spider. All of her favorites involve hand motions! She's pretty good at them. I love to watch her sing along with her hands even though her vocabulary is not big enough to sing along out loud. . . yet!

Ava is also in a grape phase. She eats them morning, noon, and night. I don't know how to get her off grapes. I guess there are worse things for her to be addicted to, like Cheetos or Pizza. I try not to offer grapes at all meals, but she goes to fridge and fusses and points until I open it; then she taps on the drawer with the grapes. Smart girl really. She knows what she wants and she has figured out how to tell me. I have taught her the sign for please, but she only uses it when I tell her to. I guess "Ugghhh" and pointing is just as effective.

These are just a few of the fun things Ava is into these days. It's always changing, always exciting, and always a joy! Like I said, I adore her! Just look in those eyes. Melt my heart.
(Photo by Kristin Morales-- see site under More Blogs!)

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Who are all of these random people commenting on your blog?? Kind of annoying, huh? Hayley is a huge grape fan as well. She'd eat them all day if I let her. That's so fun you still have the dog! I didn't realize that. Too cute that she can say Dottie! I love that girl! Love you too--

jkreggp said...

I have enjoyed telling people of Ava watching Sports Center and clapping after Derek Jeter hit a home run, and then blowing kisses to him as he rounds the bases.

JENNY said...

Summer,

Ava is precious. I can't wait to spend time with her in Brownwood. You and Chad are definitely blessed.

Jenny

Kate said...

She's such a sweet girl! I love that she's saying "Hi Dottie" now! Can't wait to hang out with ya'll next week! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Awww she is sooo cutee! When was she born? x