Jan 17, 2010

Conversations with my Kids

I've been writing down little things my kids have said lately that I find entertaining, mostly for my own memory since I'm not a big scrapbooker.


Pierson likes to randomly tell me things that he "yoves." Here are a few of my favorites from the last few weeks:
I yove Target.
I yove baseball.
I yove no pants and no shoes.
I yove Diego.
I yove jackets.
I yove not doctors.
I yove Chuck E. Cheese.
I yove yogurt.

Out of the blue while eating a organic granola bar, Ava announced, "I've been thinking about Santa and how he has to eat so many cookies at houses on Christmas Eve. Next year, we should leave him one of these granola bars. I bet he'd like a break from cookies."

I told Pierson that he was not going to be in the Nursery at church because it was time for him to go to the big 2's class. I said, I just can't believe you're not a baby anymore. His response, "Yeah. I a grown up now."

Ava has been learning to spell by sounding words out and one of her favorite gifts was a dry erase board she got for Christmas. She practices trying to spell words all day long. She showed me a list of words and explained that these are words we shouldn't really talk about so she decided to write them down. Here was her list:
PNIS BODOM POTE BOT

I overheard Pierson mumbling to himself while he was pretending, "Are you John Elway, Brett Favre, Tony Romo?"

Ava asked me what the word "mono mono" means (pronounced mow-no.) I told her I wasn't sure and asked where she'd heard it. She started singing, "Hit the road jack and don't you come back no mono mono mono mo." And asked again, "So what's a mono?"

Both of my children love to sing. Ava enjoys the musical stylings of most classic musicals and a few new faves: Annie, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz, and Enchanted. Poor Pierson is such a patient little brother. He's sings Annie as well just because he hears it so much. But I also love hearing him belt out all the words to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" while playing in his room.

After getting a shot of penicillin for strep last week, Pierson was having a hard time. I asked him if he wanted to get a shake on the way home. His response was, "No. I wanna go to Target." (A boy after my own heart... For the record, he goes straight to the ball aisle and likes to try on all the gloves, and practice throwing the different sizes of baseballs and softballs.)

9 comments:

JENNY said...

So funny! I love that Pierson wanted to go to Target.

Kate said...

Oh, your kids make me laugh my BODOM off! Seriously.

Courtney said...

Hilarious! I love reading about your kids!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Well that was funny. Ava's list of words was great. I love how proper she is to not actually say those words. Owen and Lucy sure are missing "Person" and Ava. Tell them hi for us or maybe we can skype sometime.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your stories about your children! They are adorable! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Kelly Litton said...

I was laughing outloud about the mowno song! And I LOVE that Pierson loves Target. Who doesn't??? Anna Lee doesn't even know that they sell balls there...just princesses.

dominicreative said...

This blog is a pleasant discovery for me today. Thank you for sharing! It seems that most kids have funny things to say even if they mean to be serious. I wonder if your kids ever feel bad if you think they said something funny when they feel serious. I think I cried when the supermarket cashier didn't take me seriously... I was a toddler then. I feel glad to say that you are fortunate to have beautiful children... inside and out. :-)

Tam said...

Loved reading your year in review. Excited to hear about a new baby in March

Wholesale Jerseys said...

Much Better Than Expected replica louis vuitton

replica louis vuitton handbag

Louis Vuitton Monogram Bags

Louis Vuitton Damier Handbag Great Seller Fast shipping as well 5 Stars A+++++

replica Louis Vuitton Monogram Bags