Dec 9, 2005

Quick thoughts

I don't have time for much today, but I just wanted to write quickly!
The packing is coming along. I think we'll get it all done by the 21st, which is when our stuff is headed to Abilene. We'll stay here and clean the empty house, pass off the keys to the new owner and then go on to Brownwood on the 23rd. We're looking forward to seeing everyone! I have been going over names with Ava, which of she of course won't remember. Most of them sound the same when she repeats them, but she's trying.
We had to bring Dotty in this week because we had a freeze here. She's in her carrier in the kitchen. Ava has been sneaking her small toys which she slips through the cage, and then comes and tells on herself, by saying, "Uh oh," and leading me to Dotty. I also caught her sticking her juice cup through the cage and trying to share some with Dotty. As she did this, she said, "Mmmmm." What a funny age! She cracks me up all the time!
I had to start taking down her room and she definitely knows something strange is going on. She has been "helping me" pack boxes and seems a little restless, roaming around the house like she's trying to figure out where all our stuff went.
I am ready to be a little more settled for her sake. She has also been having trouble sleeping lately, waking up to cry in the middle of the night at about 2:00 for no reason. I think she might be teething. It usually lasts for 30 minutes to an hour and I am worried about how this is going to affect everyone in Brownwood! Maybe she'll play so hard that she'll be worn out! My fear is that she'll play so hard that she'll be wound up. . . Either way, it should be interesting.
Speaking of wound up, Ava just woke up. She is yelling from her room, "Hi!" so I better go now and get her. Merry Christmas, and see you soon!

8 comments:

Kate said...

She is so cute! Every stage she goes through just gets funnier and funnier! I love that she's trying to share with Dotty and then telling on herself! Good job with getting the house packed...I know that takes so much work and energy. Don't worry about keeping people up in Brownwood. Everyone's so excited to see her, we won't mind. Love you! See you soon!

Unknown said...

As God continues to bless your family, the blessing of Ava is going to make Christmas so much more fun! As a grandmother, I will tell you that when the baby's in the house, there will never be a shortage of people to help out. The Dotty story is so cute and just thinking about her doing that tickles me! You are in my continual prayers - today, my prayer for your sweet family is that you will have peace, and extra energy to accomplish all that you need to do! Hugs!!!

Bob Booth said...

we will be blessed to have you and chad back in the key city. Allison and I leave for new york tomorrow, then the christmas thing, then back to abilene first week in Jan. I can't wait to see Ava. Ironically Ava Grace is our 1st choice girl name for our first girl. For the record, not pregnant and not trying yet.

Chad said...

She also says "IT IT IS" this means "there it is". And she loves to say "BIG" - like in the song "my God is so BIG..." and she hold her hands up like she is flexing.

jkreggp said...

I have received permission to miss work in a couple of weeks in order to stay home and accept delivery of your stuff. I'll be ready. * I respect Ava's humanitarian tendencies - making sure the caged animals are well cared for.

Brooks Inc. said...

Summer-
We are praying for you in this time of transition. May the Lord guide each step and fill all three of you with His peace. I love you and am so thankful for all of our conversations through the years. I look forward to hearing of everything He unfolds of ryou adn Chad and precious Ava in this new chapter.

Becky

kendanley said...

Love your blog! Quick, I need your email address or Kate's!
kenneth.danley@sbcglobal.net

Brooks Inc. said...

Summer-

I jusst wanted to let you know I have sure been thinking of you guys and praying for you in this new year...I am anxious to ehar how things are going. Know that you are thought of and prayed for often!