Feb 9, 2011

The Nursery

All of this snow and cold weather has given me much needed time to nest and get Sadie Kate's nursery ready for her. I wish I would have taken a before picture of this room. It was a high school boy's room before we moved in and it was painted a goldish dark yellow with black curtains... very Abilene High! Great for a teen boy but not so much a baby girl. So we painted the walls, the ceiling and added some color! It's been fun! I always love preparing a room when I'm pregnant. It just makes me feel connected to the baby somehow as I paint and decorate the area where she'll sleep and rock and eventually play and learn.


Here's her crib. The bedding is made from an anthropologie quilt. I wish I could take credit but I actually bought it from a friend who was selling it. I love the colors and pattern!
My Japanese grandmother helped me make paper cranes for this homemade mobile above the bed. It's one of my favorite things in the room!
I painted this mural of a whimsical tree in the corner of the room behind the rocker.

Cute little red rocker
There is also a daybed for tired parents and grandmas to sleep on. I added some Japanese touches in the room with the cranes and these kokeshi doll collages, as well as some Japanese memorabilia that I've collected through the years.
A sweet welcome home note from sister Ava
Just about 5 more weeks until we get to meet our baby girl! We can't wait...

22 comments:

Rebecca Gibbs said...

hey Summer! i so didn't know you had a blog! YAY! now i can stalk you...lol.

that tufted couch was listed in early January but it's still up there so maybe it hasn't sold yet??
here is the link:

http://abilene.craigslist.org/fuo/2145845323.html

Brittany Scroggins said...

So cute Summer! Our warmest wishes and blessings as you welcome another precious daughter into the world! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

Anonymous said...

Didn't put my name on that comment - it was me! :) Dea Dea Ice

Ann said...

I LOVE her room and her name! Sweet Sadie Kate! I love her already! Her room looks awesome, the Japanese touches are so great--love the cranes! Praying for her arrival and look forward to the day I can hold her and get to know another precious Walters child! Miss you!

Jenni Riley said...

It looks so, so cute!!! Sadie is one lucky girl!

Calista said...

Love her name and her sweet room. You did an awesome job as you always do. Hope you are feeling well and can't wait to hear about her arrival. Miss you guys.

Whitney said...

SO. STINKIN. CUTE!!

Lauren said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS, Summer! Sadie Kate's nursery is adorable! I just love your amazing creativity and great sense of design. You have an amazing gift of creating home. Your precious baby girl will love the room so much.

xiaohu110129 said...

cheap Christian Louboutin shoes
Christian Louboutin shoes
Christian Louboutin shoes outlet
Christian Louboutin outlet
Christian Louboutin

Positive Thoughts said...

For Jesus sake visit me: See the power of positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog and read intersting posts about Success, Happiness, Motivation, Self Improvement. http://positivethoughts2011.blogspot.com God Bless you

hapi said...

Hi Summer, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Morgan Hascall said...

Hey there, I just adore that color scheme you used :)

-Morgan

Anonymous said...

Tory Burch Boots and all participation public figure's micro abundant time attention activity newest trend. The public permeable website and the handset procedure, each time are the JMJ child charitable foundation make a US dollar donation in the public welfare quartz wall, but Shi Hualuo the world singular element simultaneously will also contribute one US dollar, donor's name will demonstrate on the public welfare quartz wall Tory Burch Flip Flops.
In order to encourage the more benevolence public figures to participation, the success donation's public figure has the opportunity to win iPhone the 4S handset and designs by Li Jiaxin uses Shi Hualuo the world singular element iPhone4/4S handset outer covering. Finally, the brand will use equates Shi who the final offering number and micro retransmits this active news number of times sum total abundantly Hua the Luo river world singular element, Tory Burch Sandals section of sparkle classics the work to take the eternal commemoration specially Tory Burch Flats.

How to Plan a Wedding said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing.

deapll said...

it's so good :)

Saprol_Rifa said...

nice .. do not forget to comment on my blog

Wholesale Jerseys said...

lunettesdesoleilparis.net homme pas cher

lunettes de soleil homme pas cher homme pas cher & femme

lunettes de soleil D&G pas cher 2012.

lunettes de soleil Armani pas cher femme 2012.

lunettes de soleil Marc Jacobs pas cher 2012.

Kayce1406 said...

Kayce Media cares about your businesses and wants to help. Let us do your marketing for you. Contact us for more information on what we can do to help you! http://kaycemedia.homestead.com/Kayce1406.html?_=1350083132051

Azmi said...

good job

Burcu A. said...

So beautiful.. I like paper cranes..

Panasonic Toughbook 53 said...

All of it is done. Nice job!